Mobile menu

what is the current price of WF latest version?
Thread poster: Doroto
Doroto
Local time: 02:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 15, 2007

Hi, I am considering purchasing the WF software for my legal translaiton work.

I wrote a mail to WF and got no anwser from them. So I post my quesions here, and hope some warm-hearted guys could help me.

1. how much is the best price available at this moment? Am I eligible for kind of discount?

2. do I have to pay regularly (say, two years) to renew my use of WF, like use of anti-virus software?

3. after purchase, do I have the right to upgrade WF for free or if not free, how do you charge for that?

4. I would like to have a version of WF capable of being operated with a network translators, like in a company, several translators can make input or output into the RM memory. Is there such a version?

5. do I have to pay in forex or pay in RMB?

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:57
English to Czech
See www.wordfast.net Jul 15, 2007

1. how much is the best price available at this moment? Am I eligible for kind of discount?

See www.wordfast.net > Buy section.

2. do I have to pay regularly (say, two years) to renew my use of WF, like use of anti-virus software?

3. after purchase, do I have the right to upgrade WF for free or if not free, how do you charge for that?

See the Wordfast license agreement, linked from the Buy section or directly at:
http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=agreement

4. I would like to have a version of WF capable of being operated with a network translators, like in a company, several translators can make input or output into the RM memory. Is there such a version?

This is part of Wordfast, the standard and the only version. Download, install, and test it. Without a license, Wordfast runs in demo mode, explained at:
http://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=demo

5. do I have to pay in forex or pay in RMB?

You can pay through PayPal or Share-It. Share-It, a major ecommerce operator, accept credit card payments, bank wire transfers, cheques. You can switch the price to RMB on both payment sites, I believe.

Jarosław Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:57
Chinese to Polish
+ ...
rmb Jul 15, 2007

you can send RMB out of PRC? I didn't know that. Theoretically, they should accept RMB since the currency is exchangable in many countries (exluding Continental China of course), but htey can charge more since the exchange rates for RMB in Europe are low when you sell.

Doroto
Local time: 02:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i get it. Jul 15, 2007

The problem is I always visit www.wordfast.org where there are no such commercial information.

I will read it later.

Generally, it is hard to wire RMB abroad outside China mainland, but I think it depends on whether WF can accept it. I will have to convert RMB into Euro and pay it.

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:57
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Wrong site Jul 16, 2007

As David Daduc wrote, you should visit www.wordfast.net.

The info in www.wordfast.org is completely outdated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what is the current price of WF latest version?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs