Thread poster: Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:16
English to French
+ ...
Aug 3, 2007

Hello everyone,

Following my post:
where I was trying to work from a pdf document and was told it would be better to upgrade to Office 2004, which is what I just did (and of course my document's layout is perfect, thanks again to those who answered!), I have a new question.

I am no computer whiz, so forgive me please if the solution is quite obvious...

I have installed Office 2004 successfully. I have taken my file and I haven't found any "security" submenu or a "trusted sources" pane that I would have had to set or check (instructions that I found before having to double-clic in order to install Wf). So, I double-clicked to install Wf.

My first problem is that when the document is open, I have the Wf toolbar icon, but not the toolbar itself (even if I click or double click on it). The message I get when I place the cursor is:"Open the Wordfast toolbar Ctrl+F2".
When I do that, it simply opens the menu that comes from the Apple.

My second problem is that when I open a Word file, even the Wf toolbar's icon disapears.

Did I install Wordfast in a wrong way? Is my Wordfast version too old as well (version 5.0)? Or do I first have to uninstall it from my old Office 98? I would appreciate your help immensely, thanks a lot in advance.

[Modifié le 2007-08-03 15:48]

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:16
English to Czech
Download latest Wordfast version Aug 3, 2007

Hi Anne, I recommend downloading and installing the latest Wordfast version. Ctrl+F2 is used by the system on (some) Macs, so another shortcut is used in newer Wordfast versions. I believe this will solve the problem for you.

Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:16
English to French
+ ...
Thank you David, Aug 3, 2007

I will try it!

This raises two other questions for me:
How easy/difficult is it going to be to transfer the TMs I have?
And should I uninstall the Wordfast 5.0 from Word 2004?

Thank you again.

[Modifié le 2007-08-03 17:23]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2004 (for Mac) and Wordfast 5.0 installation

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs