Mobile menu

Problems with Wordfast v.3.35x in Word 2003 SP2
Thread poster: traductorchile

traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 14, 2007

I have two problems when working with Wordfast. ¿someone knows what is the solution? I also have a problem with Babylon that might be related.

1.- When I close a translated segment both new opened segments jump to the top of the window and the source segment is placed out of the top of the window forcing me to scroll up to be able to view the source text.

2.- After a while translating normally, the icons can't be activated with 1 click of the mouse. I have to click two times with the mouse on each icon. In the same line, when it opens a new segment, I can't start writting inmediately in the target text, either I have to enter the first letter of my target text twice to start writting, or I have to click the target segment with the mouse before starting to write or my target text apears without the first letter.

3.- When I minimize the babylon window to continue with my translation, and I start writing in a Wordfast segment, in Word, or in an other appliance, the Babylon window jumps up again and the letters I have achieved to type appear in the Babylon search bar.

All this is quite annoying and reduces my speed.
Thanks for any help.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Get a more recent version of Wf Aug 15, 2007

You cannot expect too much from an outdated version of Wf. I use 5.0, but the most recent is somewhat 5.5. Probably your troubles will go away.
Cheers
Heinrich


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Answers Aug 15, 2007

traductorchile wrote:
1.- When I close a translated segment both new opened segments jump to the top of the window and the source segment is placed out of the top of the window forcing me to scroll up to be able to view the source text.


Yes, very annoying. In the later versions of Wordfast it also happens, but usually only in large tables with very large cells. I can't tell you how to fix it, sorry. Does it happen with all documents or only with some of them.

2.- After a while translating normally, the icons can't be activated with 1 click of the mouse. I have to click two times with the mouse on each icon. In the same line, when it opens a new segment, I can't start writting inmediately in the target text, either I have to enter the first letter of my target text twice to start writting, or I have to click the target segment with the mouse before starting to write or my target text apears without the first letter.


This rings a bell. There is a PB option in the newer versions of Wordfast for it... I'm not sure if the option exists in the older versions. The Wordfast group at Yahoogroups may be able to tell you what exactly you can do about it.

I can't help with the Babylon problem, sorry.

We should start a support group for people using good old 3.35x.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sigrid Beisel  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
Yiddish to German
Missing first letters Aug 15, 2007

"...In the same line, when it opens a new segment, I can't start writting inmediately in the target text..."



I have the same problem, but only sometimes. I don't know what causes the problem, but I have a work-around: After pressing "Ctrl-Alt X" the field behaves correctly.

"Ctrl-Alt X" is shortcut for clearing the Target-Field but this is empty at that moment anyway.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks chaps, Aug 15, 2007

now I have two tracks to follow Wf5.5 and Yahoogroups.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I would like to thank you all for your help Aug 15, 2007

I upgraded Wordfast to 5.0 and it's been working fine, at least for an hour or so.
In any case I'll have in mind (or better write it down) to use Ctrl-Alt-X if it ever comes back.

well I still have the Babyon problem, but you don`t seem to have come up with that, so I'll try somewhere else.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day/week/month/year/etc.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sigrid Beisel  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
Yiddish to German
work-around Sep 12, 2007

Apart from the missing first letter my word behaved quite weird after opening a new segment. I had a lengthy correspondence with wordfast support about this.

Although the problem is not solved yet, I now have a better workaround:
I was told to avoid using Alt+Down to open a new segment but instead I should use the button to open it. This works fine.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Wordfast v.3.35x in Word 2003 SP2

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs