Mobile menu

Converting Trados TMs for Wordfast 5 - best approach?
Thread poster: TTilch

TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:02
English to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2007

I have had some problems converting existing Trados TMs into a format Wordfast 5 likes. As far as I can see, the Trados version used for creating the TMs is version 7, and I am using Wordfast 5 with MS Office 2004 (Mac).

What works best for you, i.e. which export format do you chose? I have tried TXT and TMX (1.1), but have problems with both.

Thank you for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wilmer Brouwer
Local time: 11:02
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TMX or olifant Aug 21, 2007

I use both TMX 1.1/1.4, I can open them in Wordfast, WF gives an error with my version when opening a TMX-file but only after a conversion to wordfast txt is already made, which I open after that.
If that doesnt't work I use Olifant (search on Google for Enlaso tools) to convert TMX to WF.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting Trados TMs for Wordfast 5 - best approach?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs