Installing Wordfast
Thread poster: Barry Siegel
Barry Siegel
Barry Siegel
Local time: 11:32
Swedish to English
Aug 21, 2007

Hello,

I just downloaded the Wordfast program and sat down to do the first tutorial. The first thing I was supposed to do was to expand the Wordfast toolbar. Well, I got a message saying "Run time error 6068. Programmic access to visual basic project is not trusted". I have no idea what this means! Is this a new low in computer literacy? Can someone offer some advice?

Thank you
Barry

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Security settings Aug 21, 2007

Hi,

I think you need to modify your Word security settings. Go to Tools/Macro/Security and select the Medium radio button. Then click on the Trusted publishers tab and tick Trust access to Visual Basic Project.

This should do the trick.
Dan

Barry Siegel
Barry Siegel
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 22, 2007

Hello Dan,

Your quick (and on the mark) reply is much appreciated. An excellent example of how simple, easy to understand information combined with a willingness to help can have so much impact. Thanks again.

Best regards
Barry

Dan Marasescu wrote:

Hi,

I think you need to modify your Word security settings. Go to Tools/Macro/Security and select the Medium radio button. Then click on the Trusted publishers tab and tick Trust access to Visual Basic Project.

This should do the trick.
Dan

Carol Burry
Carol Burry
Local time: 10:32
Italian to English
Problem with initial installation of Wordfast Oct 25, 2007

I have downloaded Wordfast from the internet, and I have tried copying wordfast.dot file into various startup and templates folders, then rebooting my computer. However, I have had no success in obtainng the Wordfast toolbar in a Word document. The template folders I used were in: C:\Programs and C:\Documents and Settings. Can anyone help me get it installed?

Carol

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Instructions Oct 25, 2007

The full instructions for installing Wordfast are given in the manual that you can download here: http://www.wordfast.com/zip/wf_en5.zip

Good luck,
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »