How to import updated Wordfast TM into existing Wordfast TM
Thread poster: Trans-Marie
Trans-Marie
Trans-Marie
Local time: 02:53
English to German
Aug 24, 2007

Dear colleagues,

So far, I have worked with Wordfast for my own convenience only. Now, a client sent me a Trados TM which I could import successfully into Wordfast (Version 5.14c). This TM has been updated by other translators and I was sent the updated TM. I’m supposed to import the updated TM into the existing TM. I would be really grateful if someone could explain how to do that? Thanks in advance.

Trans-Marie
Trans-Marie
Local time: 02:53
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
importing TM Aug 24, 2007

Hello again,

The TM is a TMX file which I have imported and used so far. As other translators work on the same project with the same TM, I was sent an update and need to import it into my TM. Thanks for any advice.

Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 03:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
Olifant Aug 24, 2007

It's probably possible to do this with WF, but I would advice to use Olifant, a free and very easy tool to do things like this with.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Open in MS Word, and merge Aug 24, 2007

MV LegalTrans wrote:
This TM has been updated by other translators and I was sent the updated TM. I’m supposed to import the updated TM into the existing TM.

There are official ways of doing it, but I'm too stupid for that. Here's what I suggest:

1. If the TMs from other translators are not in WF format, first get them in WF format by opening them in WF and reorganising once.
2. Then open your TM and their TM both in MS Word.
3. Copy their TM and paste it below your TM.
4. Save your TM and close the file.
5. Reopen the TM in WF, and reorganise.

Always make backups before attempting such things.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
merge into existing Aug 27, 2007

Dear MV LegaTrans,

You can use the special filters in the TM editor to merge another TM with your current TM. Then you can use other special filters to eliminate repeats.

Good luck,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import updated Wordfast TM into existing Wordfast TM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »