Mobile menu

problems saving doc with MAC OS 1.4
Thread poster: Marie Scarano
Marie Scarano  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2007

After working a while on my MAC i-book with wordfast, it refuses to save the document with a message saying that the disk is full and to eliminate files to make room. I am certain that the disk is not full at all and that I have plenty of space to save.
I have tried saving the file under a different name and also copy/paste onto a clean file, but to no avail.
I believe, however, that the TM is updated even though it won't allow me to save the updated file.
Is this a glitch in wordfast or in word for mac or something else?

Thanks, Marie Scarano

Direct link Reply with quote
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
German to English
+ ...
maybe this will help... Sep 7, 2007

When you save a document multiple times in succession in Word 2001 for Mac, you may receive the following error message:
The disk is full. Free some space on this drive,
or save the document on another disk.
Try one or more of the following:
* Close any unneeded documents, programs, and windows.
* Save the document on another disk.

This error message can appear when you save a document that you are working on 60 times or more during a short period of time. The number of saves varies, depending on the following conditions:
• How many other files you have open.
• How many other programs may be running on your computer.
• The size of the document that you are working on.
• Whether you have File Sharing turned on. With File Sharing turned on, you can only save about 60 times before the error message appears.

To work around this problem, use one or both of the following methods.

Method 1: Monitor Your Saves
Close your document after you save it approximately 20 times. Next, reopen the document and continue working until you have saved another 20 times. Close the document again, and repeat the process as necessary.

By manually monitoring the number of saves and subsequently closing the document after you reach 20 saves, you can avoid the Disk Full error message.

Method 2: Turn Off File Sharing
With File Sharing turned off, you can save approximately 250 times. To turn off File Sharing, follow these steps:
1. In Control Panels, select File Sharing, and then click the Start/Stop tab.
2. In the File Sharing section of the dialog box, click the Stop button to turn off File Sharing. (If File Sharing is turned off, the button says Start.)

It may also help to disable autosave in Word and do file saving manually.

[Edited at 2007-09-07 11:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems saving doc with MAC OS 1.4

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs