Why doesn't Wordfast accept free email accounts?
Thread poster: lila23
lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:57
English to French
Sep 8, 2007

Hi everybody,
I 've just tried to buy Wordfast but as I was going through the process I got an error message saying that I can't use free email accounts! I have done many online transactions and never heard of the obligation to have non free electronic mail accounts. It is said that if I don't have paying accounts I have to fill out a form, print it, fax it, wait for a confirmation then buy it! They warn me that it would take time as opposed to an online purchase. I'm really very disappoi
... See more
Hi everybody,
I 've just tried to buy Wordfast but as I was going through the process I got an error message saying that I can't use free email accounts! I have done many online transactions and never heard of the obligation to have non free electronic mail accounts. It is said that if I don't have paying accounts I have to fill out a form, print it, fax it, wait for a confirmation then buy it! They warn me that it would take time as opposed to an online purchase. I'm really very disappointed by Wordfast. I don't understand why they obligate people to pay for email accounts?
What do you think I should do? I would love to hear from your experiences.
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:57
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I don't know why... Sep 8, 2007

lila23 wrote:
I 've just tried to buy Wordfast but as I was going through the process I got an error message saying that I can't use free email accounts!

I don't know the reason, but I also think it is silly. The only reason why free accounts may be rejected is for a free service that wants to combat spam.

I use Gmail, which is a free service. I can also use Gmail, which is a paid service. How would the seller know the difference between a Gmail account that is free and a Gmail account that I pay for? Besides, free accounts are generally more reliable than paid accounts.

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:57
English to Czech
ShareIt's security policy Sep 8, 2007

This is not Wordfast's policy - unless you pay through PayPal, payments for Wordfast licenses are collected by ShareIt, a major e-commerce operator (part of Digital River). ShareIt's security policy requires you to use a fee-based email address (or, rather, what they consider to be a fee-based email address) if you wish to pay using a credit card. Free email addresses are allowed if you choose any other type of payment.

lila23
lila23  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:57
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I just bought it Sep 8, 2007

Thanks a lot for your comments. I used my friend's email address but I could have used mine as well. She told me that the email address they required was the email that your Internet Service provider created for you.
You're right about ShareIt. I think they do that to track the buyer in case a problem comes up. An ISP account, according to them, is more reliable. I just can't believe that they don't accept paying email accounts such as Hotmail or Yahoo!. I'm so glad that I could find a so
... See more
Thanks a lot for your comments. I used my friend's email address but I could have used mine as well. She told me that the email address they required was the email that your Internet Service provider created for you.
You're right about ShareIt. I think they do that to track the buyer in case a problem comes up. An ISP account, according to them, is more reliable. I just can't believe that they don't accept paying email accounts such as Hotmail or Yahoo!. I'm so glad that I could find a solution. I wanted the fastest way. That's why I had to choose the debit/credit card.
I wish they just make things easier for the translator. Things are already hectic for us. We really don't need extra headache.

Again thanks for your comments.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why doesn't Wordfast accept free email accounts?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »