Thread poster: Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:27
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 19, 2007

I'm trying to create a TM from two documents (source and target).
I've created two folders (source and target) containing the two files; opened Plustools; Align; create TM.
It goes on saying: CANNOT FIND SOURCE LANGUAGE IN SOURCE INI FILE
I'm really getting crazy....is anybody willing to help me?
Thanks
Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

Po7
English to Spanish
+ ...
Take a try this way Sep 19, 2007

I think it´s easier.

First, open the target language file, then open the source language file and finally open PlusTools. Now, you will see an icon for aligning both files, click on it and the program will generate an
alignment Table.

When you consider everything is OK, click +Tools icon and "Create TM" icon and a .txt file will appear on your screen. This is your TM.

Good luck.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Old version Sep 19, 2007

Lucia Messuti wrote:
I've created two folders (source and target) containing the two files; opened Plustools; Align; create TM.

You are using a very, very old version of PlusTools. The newest version can be had from wordfast.com for free, and you can use it with an old version of Wordfast. In the new version, you don't need to create two folders and create INI files etc, etc. You simply open both documents and do the alignment.

Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
French to English
This might help Sep 19, 2007

Hi Lucia,

Not sure if this will work for you, but this is how I do it.

In Wordfast, click on the "Tools" tab. In the "Select documents" pane, select the source file and then click on "Extract". Then save the resulting file in text format, such as "source_file.txt".

Do exactly the same with the target file and save it as something like "target_file.txt".

So now you should have your source and target files. Open both the files in Word (important) and then open Plus Tools. In the "Align" tab, select the source file in "Select source document" and the target file in "Select target document". Check the box entitled "These documents have been segmented with Wordfast" and click on "Start alignment".

Once you've aligned the files, you'll end up with a table (if you chose that option). Now open Plus Tools and click on "Create TM". That's it.

As Samuel said, the problem could be due to the fact that you're using an old version of Plus Tools. I've got version 4.16e and that works fine.

Good luck,

Simon

Gill Zschunke
France
French to English
+ ...
¨Cannot get plustools to align Mar 22, 2010

Hello proz experts,

This is my first forum post and my big headach at the moment is the plustools align feature. I have read the manual, read any other posts I was able to find on this subject and tried every way on this earth to align a file with plustools but I just cannot do it. I have tried aligning by selecting source and target file and pressing "align" - at the moment of executing alignment I have a message "erreur d'exécution 2140" and if I align by extracting my files into text format, then opening in word and trying to align that way I get the same message as soon as I open plustools.

I downloaded the trial version of Wordfast in April 2009, and the plustools freeware just last week. I have Microsoft Word 2007.

If anyone could help me, I would be most grateful as this is driving me round the bend.

Could it be because at the moment I have the trial version of Wordfast? I started using it but then dropped it due to pressure of work but am now determined to get up to speed on it before buying.

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
some ideas Mar 22, 2010

For Gill,

No, the problem is most definitely not related to your version (trial or otherwise) of Wordfast.

Are the files you want to align particularly big? full of graphics? more than 10-15K words? anything else strange about the files?

Are you sure Plustools is working ok, you can open up the main menu dialogue box without getting an error message?

How are your VBA/Trust center security settings?

I actually just installed PlusTools on this computer (temporary solution while my trusty laptop is getting repairs) to try and reproduce your error message, I also have Word 2007 and downloaded most recent PlusTools today. I got an "erreur d'exécution 5140" to my surprise upon my first attempt to align (I think that was the number!!), but closing Word & re-opening all the files seemed to resolve it and I was able to create the alignment table ok.

Have you tried just opening the two files to be aligned in Word (rather than selecting them from the PlusTools menu), that usually works just fine for me.

Gill Zschunke
France
French to English
+ ...
Problem solved Mar 23, 2010

Lori,

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to try and help.

In fact, I contacted the Wordfast helpdesk and they came back very quickly with the solution.

In Word Options (Popular) - the "user name" and "initials" fields must not be empty so I filled in my name and initials and it now works like a dream.

Hope this may help someone else.

Gill

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
solution Mar 23, 2010

Glad you found the solution - I would have never thought to check that!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with plustools

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs