Wordfast crashes constantly!
Thread poster: zabrowa
zabrowa
Local time: 13:49
Oct 5, 2007

Well, I just got a fancy new computer with VISTA and Office2007 and while everything was going smoothly for one day, now that is not the case. As far as I know, nothing changed, but when I open my translation and press CTRL+DOWN, the computer begins to think and then after a few minutes, Office freezes and asks to shut down. Anyone out there have any solutions for me? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

zabrowa
TOPIC STARTER
Nevermind Oct 5, 2007

I just skipped the paragraph and moved on... strange though!

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Hyperlink? Oct 5, 2007

This is just a shot in the dark, but could that segment be a hyperlink to something that cannot be reached?

Dan

Rob Stuart  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Wordfast crashed for me too. I re-dubbed it Wordslow! Oct 17, 2007

Matt, Wordfast crashed for me too - constantly. Worse than Le Concorde! I re-dubbed this loser software "Wordslow" before removing all traces of it from my PC (Pentium 4 with Windows XP Home). It will take a lot to persuade me to reinstall it. I was doing translations for an agency, and I wasted hours vainly trying to find out what was causing the problem - almost missed my deadlines. The Wordslow manual is atrociously difficult to understand for a newbie like yours truly, and I'm no dope. Merde alors!

If you do find out what was causing the probs and have solved them, please e-mail me immédiatement: info@LocuMotio.nl

Mille fois merci!

Matt Coler wrote:

Well, I just got a fancy new computer with VISTA and Office2007 and while everything was going smoothly for one day, now that is not the case. As far as I know, nothing changed, but when I open my translation and press CTRL+DOWN, the computer begins to think and then after a few minutes, Office freezes and asks to shut down. Anyone out there have any solutions for me? Thanks!

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:52]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:53]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:54]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 15:56]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:07]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:08]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:21]

[Edited at 2007-10-17 16:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast crashes constantly!

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums