Thread poster: Ulrike G.
Ulrike G.
Ulrike G.  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:32
Member (2006)
English to German
Oct 8, 2007

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that my Pandora's box is absolutely empty. The only thing that happens, when I open it, is that a Word page appears, containing one line, which is: Edit commands as needed. Remove the underscore _ from commands to make them active.

After that the page is empty and there is no second page.

What can I do?

I ahve already re-loaded Wordfast, because I ran into trouble cleaning the document - thank God, that feature wo
... See more
Hello everyone,

I just noticed that my Pandora's box is absolutely empty. The only thing that happens, when I open it, is that a Word page appears, containing one line, which is: Edit commands as needed. Remove the underscore _ from commands to make them active.

After that the page is empty and there is no second page.

What can I do?

I ahve already re-loaded Wordfast, because I ran into trouble cleaning the document - thank God, that feature works, but now...

Any help is appreciated!
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Command button Oct 8, 2007

Don't you have a check box to "enable pb" and a button that says Commands ?

Ulrike G.
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
No check box, no tabs Oct 8, 2007

Well, it seems this is part of my problem, I just have this command bar at the left side of the screen. There I find three commands for pandora's box, edit enable and reset to default. But even though, there should be some contents, I think.

Anyway, how do you open the menu to get to pandora's box?

Thank you for you interest!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Which version Oct 8, 2007

Normally you click on the f-icon, select Setup and PB and then you have a command field and a button for adding commands.
Cheers
Heinrich

Ulrike G.
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
No f icon Oct 8, 2007

Hi heirich - that's just it, my last button on the tool bar is the TM editor, there is no f icon on the tool bar at all. Instead there are 4 grey buttons, leading me directly to the subject - roughly like the tabs in the menu (which I see in the manuals).

I'm using a very new iMac with Word 2004 and Wordfast 5.52b, if that is any help.

Thank you for responding.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pandora's box is empty

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »