Mobile menu

Entering previous translations into Wordfast
Thread poster: enska
Icelandic to English
Oct 30, 2007

I'm considering downloading Wordfast and have been wondering whether I can enter translations that I've previously done into the Wordfast database, or do I have to start from scratch to build up a database by doing translations directly in Wordfast?

Also, if anyone has any experience with group buys through ProZ it would be great to hear them.

Grateful for any tips or suggestions. Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
Member (2006)
French to English
Attend a training Oct 30, 2007

Dear Enska,

I would suggest downloading Wordfast, the training guides, the manual, and Plustools; they're all free of charge. The Plustools manual explains how to align past translations and create a TM from them.

If you attend a training, you get a discount on a license purchase (usually about the same as a group buy rate). You can find a list of trainers who live near you on the site and contact them directly.

Hope this helps,

Wordfast Trainer

Icelandic to English
Thanks Oct 30, 2007

Thanks John. However it doesn't look like there are any trainers in my country - I'll have to work it out by myself.

Local time: 06:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some experiences with WF Oct 30, 2007

Hi Enska, I can tell you by my own experience, as a relatively new user, that WF is a worthy CAT tool. I've been using it for a long time before I bought my own license. The only difference between a licensed one and one which is not licensed is that in this case you have a limited size in the TM's you create, if I am not wrong.

Anyway, you can do as John suggests you, just download the training course, which is indeed a friendly way to learn about that so much tecnhical stuff, and keep entering your previous translations into WF databases (TM).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Entering previous translations into Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs