How to treat "tw4winInternal" style tags as placeable
Thread poster: Attila Piróth

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:43
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 28, 2007

I have a source file with quite a few tags – <b> </b> <p>, but also [+CTRLON+], [+QUVAL+] etc. –, and I tagged it, so all such tags now appear in a different style ("tw4winInternal", as opposed to "translatable").
Trados Tageditor has no problems with it: it treats the tags as tags, and I can copy them as placeables. But Wordfast does not seem to care too much about them: when I press ctrl+alt+down (copy placeable) it does nothing - moreover, when I write something in the target-language field and there are missing tags it does not remind me that I have forgotten something.
I could see in the WF manual that there are Pandora's Box commands like "PlaceableBetween=[],(),{}" - but is there something like "Placeable=Style{tw4winInternal}" - so that everything that is in that particular style would be treated as placeable?
I use WF 5.52 with Word 2002.
Attila

Direct link Reply with quote

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Select the placeable first Nov 28, 2007

Attila Piróth wrote:

I have a source file with quite a few tags – , but also [+CTRLON+], [+QUVAL+] etc. –, and I tagged it, so all such tags now appear in a different style ("tw4winInternal", as opposed to "translatable").
Trados Tageditor has no problems with it: it treats the tags as tags, and I can copy them as placeables. But Wordfast does not seem to care too much about them: when I press ctrl+alt+down (copy placeable) it does nothing

You need to select the tag using Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right first. When this is done, Ctrl+Alt+Down will paste the tag in target. Alternatively, press Alt+Insert to paste the source text in target and overwrite whatever needs translation.

- moreover, when I write something in the target-language field and there are missing tags it does not remind me that I have forgotten something.

You need to activate this option first. See Setup > QC tab in Wordfast. Check "Identical tags in source/target".

I could see in the WF manual that there are Pandora's Box commands like "PlaceableBetween=[],(),{}" - but is there something like "Placeable=Style{tw4winInternal}" - so that everything that is in that particular style would be treated as placeable?

tw4winInternal tags are treated as internal tags by default (although you can customise this on the Setup > General tab in Wordfast).

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks, David Nov 28, 2007

All problems resolved.
Indeed, I forgot to choose the placeable: as you don't have to do it in Trados Tageditor, I thought WF would also automatically select the first one to insert.
And I got as far as Setup > QC, and checked "Identical tags in source/target" - but I did not check "Enable the following QC options during translation".
Best regards,
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to treat "tw4winInternal" style tags as placeable

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs