Thread poster: Dragana Molnar M.A.

Dragana Molnar M.A.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:12
Member (2007)
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2007

I'm using Wf regularly since this summer and I never had any problem so far that I could't fix with the manual, but this time I need some help since I don't know what is wrong (I'm using Wf 5.50y and Word 2003)...

As for other projects I used a Trados generated TM, converted it with Olifant, reorganized it after having it selected in the setup dialog. It is a small TM (70 TUs). Then I selected 3 glossaries and reorganised them as well. So far everything was OK, but as soon as I began my translation, I noticed that every time I do Alt+down to start a new segment a box appears saying "Wordfast Sorting..." and it takes a lot of time before I get to the new segment.

And there is another problem: After expanding a segment with Alt+Page down, Wf jumps back to the original (small) segment as soon as I go to the Wf menu.

This is a rather annoying behaviour, sigh...

I really don't know where the error could be hidden...did I check / uncheck something that I should't? I would appreciate any hint!

Thank you!
Dra

Direct link Reply with quote

Shane Wall  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 07:12
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Unexpected TM Sorting in Wf Dec 9, 2007

To isolate the cause of problems, please always provide the:
Wordfast version
Operating System
Office version
Word version

Your post indicates you are not a Wordfast 'newbie', so I suspect there is some incompatibility with how Wf, MS Office or other programs you have loaded interact with each other.

When it comes to troubleshooting Wordfast, excess information about the problem is always best!

Cheers,
Shane
www.translingualexpress.com

Dragana Molnar M.A.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:12
Member (2007)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Details for Shane Dec 10, 2007

Hello Shane, thank you for replying!

OK, here we are:

Shane Wall wrote:

To isolate the cause of problems, please always provide the:
Wordfast version: Wf 5.50y
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Office version: Office 2003
Word version: Word 2003

You are so kind...

Your post indicates you are not a Wordfast 'newbie'...

...but believe me, I AM a newbie: I did only a few projects with Wf so far, but I'm also quite curious and I try to understand how this "whole thing" works

If it is a incompatibility problem, I have to check all the programs that were upgraded / downloaded since I have used Wf the last time without problems, am I right?

There were only some upgrades for Firefox and I downloaded some anti-spyware programs (SuperAntiSpyware Free and RogueRemover)...I'm still clueless

Good night from Germany!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf says "Wordfast Sorting..." with every new segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs