Wordfast dissappeared from toolbar
Thread poster: tomvdk
tomvdk
Local time: 20:25
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 10, 2007

Hi everyone,

This morning, when starting up Word, I discovered that the Wordfast icons have all disappeared from my toolbar in MS Word.

I have not changed anythind in MS Word recently, my system has been stable for the last couple of years.

The only thing I can think of which may have caused this to happen, is that I recently installed Wordfast on my new laptop, for which I used the same installation number and receipt ID.

I have tried to reinstall Wordfast on my desktop, but the Wordfast icons do not appear.

For the time being, I am working on my laptop, but I definitely prefer my desktop as it is far mor user-friendly.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Toolbar Dec 10, 2007

Hi, Tom,

Maybe it's just a matter of making the toolbar visible. (Tools/Customize/Toolbars...). If you cannot see the Wf toolbar in the list, check if the macro is active (Tools/Templates and Add-ins). I'm assuming you are using a pre-2007 version of Word.

Good luck,
Dan

tomvdk
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved Dec 10, 2007

Thanks a lot Dan!

The solution was so evident I didn't see it...

Thanks again, you have saved me a lot of time (laptops aren't made for typing...)

Best regards,
Tom

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Keyboards Dec 10, 2007

I'm glad it worked, Tom.

Slightly off topic: whenever I'm forced to work on a laptop, I attach an external keyboard to it (and a second monitor)

tomvdk
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
x Dec 10, 2007

Right, but then it is not really a laptop anymore, is it...

Thanks again for your help,

Tom

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast dissappeared from toolbar

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs