Thread poster: HRiley
HRiley
HRiley  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 10, 2003

Hi

Does anyone know how you go about accessing the \"next match\" for a TU when using Wordfast?

For example, I have a few translation memories that I have merged together. They contain TUs that I have translated differently for various reasons.

This means that the memories contain some translation units with more than one 100% match (or fuzzy match) in the memory. However, I can\'t seem to get Wordfast to suggest these alternative matches - I
... See more
Hi

Does anyone know how you go about accessing the \"next match\" for a TU when using Wordfast?

For example, I have a few translation memories that I have merged together. They contain TUs that I have translated differently for various reasons.

This means that the memories contain some translation units with more than one 100% match (or fuzzy match) in the memory. However, I can\'t seem to get Wordfast to suggest these alternative matches - I can only access them by using the \"contexts\" button. Does anybody know if there\'s a command that would allow me to do this?

Incidentally, I hope this question hasn\'t been asked a thousand times before - I did also try joining the Wordfast users group on Yahoo but the sheer volume of messages meant that after about an hour of browsing through them, I hadn\'t got any closer to finding my answer!!

Thanks
Collapse

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Alt+left/right Mar 10, 2003

Try this, and wordfast will show higher or lower matches. Look at the bottom left of the screen for extra information about which match you are showing (e.g. match 1 or match 2).

HRiley
HRiley  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! It works Mar 10, 2003

Thank you very much Ivan for that tip! I\'ll be able to work a whole lot faster now!

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-11 08:38]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accessing \"next match\" in Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »