Thread poster: Crystal Samples

Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:21
French to English
+ ...
Dec 28, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I know there may already be some other threads or information out there on translating in Wordfast with Trados TMs, but I can't seem to find the info I need. If someone could give me a quick rundown on what to do in this situation, or attach a link to a helpful thread or webpage, I'd appreciate it very much. I just started using Wordfast to create my own TMs, and this is the first time an agency has provided me with their own.

Thanks for the help!

Crystal Samples

Direct link Reply with quote

Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 09:21
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TMX Dec 28, 2007

Crystal Samples wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

I know there may already be some other threads or information out there on translating in Wordfast with Trados TMs, but I can't seem to find the info I need. If someone could give me a quick rundown on what to do in this situation, or attach a link to a helpful thread or webpage, I'd appreciate it very much. I just started using Wordfast to create my own TMs, and this is the first time an agency has provided me with their own.

Thanks for the help!

Crystal Samples

You need a TMX to be able to use it in Wordfast. The agency probably sent you a txt-file or a complete TM (TMX). The only thing you can do in that case is to ask the agency to send you an export TMX file (1.4) or find someone with Trados to do that for you. You can also use a program called Olifant if you have the txt-file which will convert the file to a wordfast TM.

Dragana Molnar M.A.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:21
Member (2007)
Italian to German
+ ...
Enlaso Olifant Dec 28, 2007

Olifant is a TM editor which helps to convert and organise TMs.

You can get this very useful tool here.

Install it and then open the Trados TM with Olifant and safe it again as Wordfast TM, that's all.

Regards, Dra

[Bearbeitet am 2007-12-28 14:51]

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:21
Italian to Danish
+ ...
WordFast / Trados TMs Dec 29, 2007

Hi,
Check this link to the WordFast site:

http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=knowledge&Task=view&questId=38&catId=3

You can find all the necessary instructions here.

Good luck!
Dinny

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating in Wordfast with a Trados TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs