Local time: 23:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2003

I don\'t know if this has been posted before, but I can\'t find a

message related to it.

When I\'m translating a text with some special characters (i.e. arrow

points)and WF finds a match these characters have been changed to

parenthesis. ¿Why? ¿What can I do to avoid it?

Thanks in advance

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:56
English to French
Some data Mar 11, 2003

This is normal. The reason is that the TM in Wordfast is in txt format. This has a lot of advantages, but on the other end, it can not store anything that does not comply with the txt format.

So when you get such a match, wordfast present whatever has been stored in the txt TM. Due to that, pictures (arrows and the like are often pictures) will never show up in a match.

I guess that answer your question, but I\'m afraid it doesn\'t help that much. You w
... See more
This is normal. The reason is that the TM in Wordfast is in txt format. This has a lot of advantages, but on the other end, it can not store anything that does not comply with the txt format.

So when you get such a match, wordfast present whatever has been stored in the txt TM. Due to that, pictures (arrows and the like are often pictures) will never show up in a match.

I guess that answer your question, but I\'m afraid it doesn\'t help that much. You will still have to copy and paste your arrows.
Collapse

luka
luka
Spain
Local time: 23:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Mar 11, 2003

No, as you say it doesn\'t solve the problem, but I\'m glad to know I\'m not doing anything wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast: special characters (ex. arrow) become parentheses

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »