https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/9354-urgent_wordfast_does_not_reconice_what_i_translated.html

urgent! Wordfast does not reconice what I translated
Thread poster: luka
luka
luka
Spain
Local time: 14:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2003

Hello everyone,

I have a problem I need to solve urgently because I have to finish a job fairly quickly. I\'ve been sent a pretranslated text (with Trados) and I know I have translated some sentences already bur Wordfast is not suggesting any translation, even when the sentences ate identical. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to configure anything? Thanks

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:12
English to French
Pandora box Mar 12, 2003

Go to the wordfast dialog, on the set-up tab, select the tab called "PB". Click "enable pandora box", and click on the button "commands". Activate the command "writebettermatch" by removing the underscore (_) character. Exit wordfast dialog after saving wordfast.ini, of course. That should do it.

I strongly recommand you take some time to study the manual, if not done yet, or possibly take a look at my help pages on wordfast (www.your-translations.com)

Sylvain
www.your-translations.com
Translation services and translator's know how.

[Edited at 2003-06-14 17:51]

[Edited at 2003-06-14 17:56]
Collapse

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
wordfast Mar 12, 2003

Hello

This is a known weak point of wordfast, not all segments are recognised, try to reorganise the TM sometimes this helps,

if not you have to do a context search and paste into the target field with alt + F12

cheers

noe

luka
luka
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Different manuals for different languages Mar 12, 2003

Thank you very much for your help. Looking for a solutioin in the Wordfast Yahoo Group I found why I was having so many dificulties, the manual in Spanish doesn\'t include as much information as the English one!

Quote:

On 2003-03-12 16:19, sylver wrote:

Go to the wordfast dialog, on the set-up tab, select the tab called \"PB\". Click \"enable pandora box\", and click on the button \"commands\". Activate the co... See more
Thank you very much for your help. Looking for a solutioin in the Wordfast Yahoo Group I found why I was having so many dificulties, the manual in Spanish doesn\'t include as much information as the English one!

Quote:

On 2003-03-12 16:19, sylver wrote:

Go to the wordfast dialog, on the set-up tab, select the tab called \"PB\". Click \"enable pandora box\", and click on the button \"commands\". Activate the command \"writebettermatch\" by removing the underscore (_) character. Exit wordfast dialog after saving wordfast.ini, of course. That should do it.

I strongly recommand you take some time to study the manual, if not done yet, or possibly take a look at my help pages on wordfast (www.wizardtranslations.com)

Collapse

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:12
English to French
Manuals and comments Mar 14, 2003

For Noe. No, it is not a "known weakness". it is merely a case of an improperly applied setting. Pretranslated docs contain the source in the target segments, and unless you allow wordfast to overwrite the target segments with the TM, you can not get any match.

For the manuals, they were translated by volonteers as at the time wordfast was free, and as Wordfast progresses fast, there are many undocumented functions in the various languages, English being the most up to date. If yo
... See more
For Noe. No, it is not a "known weakness". it is merely a case of an improperly applied setting. Pretranslated docs contain the source in the target segments, and unless you allow wordfast to overwrite the target segments with the TM, you can not get any match.

For the manuals, they were translated by volonteers as at the time wordfast was free, and as Wordfast progresses fast, there are many undocumented functions in the various languages, English being the most up to date. If you do not have problems with English, I strongly recommand you give a miss to the other manuals.

Sylvain
www.your-translations.com
Translation services and translator's know-how

[Edited at 2003-06-14 17:55]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

urgent! Wordfast does not reconice what I translated

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »