Thread poster: ArthurRuiz
ArthurRuiz
ArthurRuiz
Local time: 14:18
Japanese to English
Jan 15, 2008

1. Relicensing issue:

I was confused.
some articles say that it is only free for the first 3 years?
other articles say that it is free for 4 renewals per year..which is which?

2. Modes of Payment:
what are the modes of payment? (considering i am based in the philippines)

3. How long would it take to get my license?

thank you guys (in advance)

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:18
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Confused? Jan 15, 2008

Wordfast is free. You can download and use it without time-restriction. Then your TM cannot exceed 500 translation units.
If you want to remove this restriction (and support the developement of Wordfast), you can purchase a license for 180 Euro. The license is for one computer. If you change the computer you have the right to renew the license. After 3 years you have to buy a new license (for a cheaper price). It takes usually less than 24 hours to get a license.

Cheers
... See more
Wordfast is free. You can download and use it without time-restriction. Then your TM cannot exceed 500 translation units.
If you want to remove this restriction (and support the developement of Wordfast), you can purchase a license for 180 Euro. The license is for one computer. If you change the computer you have the right to renew the license. After 3 years you have to buy a new license (for a cheaper price). It takes usually less than 24 hours to get a license.

Cheers
Heinrich
2nd license running

[Bearbeitet am 2008-01-15 10:22]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some answers Jan 15, 2008

ArthurRuiz wrote:
1. Relicensing issue: I was confused.
some articles say that it is only free for the first 3 years?
other articles say that it is free for 4 renewals per year..which is which?

The WF licence is valid for 3 years. During those 3 years, you can reinstall WF over and over and over again on the same computer as many times as you want. Because of the way WF generates its licence number, you'll need to get a new licence number every time you reinstall WF. To prevent abuse by pirates, WF will only give you new licences a few times (four per year?) before the site require that you send it an e-mail to verbally tell them you're not a pirate.

2. Modes of Payment:
what are the modes of payment? (considering i am based in the philippines)

I have no idea. I used a credit card both times I bought a licence. I'm sure if you can't use normal methods, Yves (the creator of WF) will accept other methods of payment.

3. How long would it take to get my license?

For me, it was within 24 hours both times.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Inflation :( Jan 16, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

If you want to remove this restriction (and support the developement of Wordfast), you can purchase a license for 180 Euro.

A license currently costs €250, check it out here: www.wordfast.net. Don't you hate inflation?

John

ArthurRuiz
ArthurRuiz
Local time: 14:18
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
THanks to All :D Jan 16, 2008

THanks for for replies guys..

How can i contact Yves?

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Contact form Jan 16, 2008

You can use this link: http://www.wordfast.com/contact_form.html

Shane Wall
Shane Wall  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 13:18
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Discount Wordfast License Jan 20, 2008

Hi Arthur,
You are entitled to a discount Wordfast License, 125 Euros, because you live in the Philippines.

I am a Wordfast trainer in Vietnam and we cannot use the preferred payment methods, so we have arranged an alternative payment method. Please contact me privately if you need help with the payment.

Cheers,
Shane

www.translingualexpress.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre purchase inquiry for WORDFAST

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »