WF + WordFinder compatibility?
Thread poster: Alice Klingener
Alice Klingener
Alice Klingener  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:27
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2008

I am just beginning to use WordFast. However, when I tried to use WordFinder while working on a test document, the entire source segment turned red and then disappeared, never to be seen again. Has anyone succeeded in using WordFinder in conjunction with WordFast?

(Just for added fun, I also hope to use Dragon Naturally Speaking with this unholy combination of tools, but I figured one problem at a time )

... See more
I am just beginning to use WordFast. However, when I tried to use WordFinder while working on a test document, the entire source segment turned red and then disappeared, never to be seen again. Has anyone succeeded in using WordFinder in conjunction with WordFast?

(Just for added fun, I also hope to use Dragon Naturally Speaking with this unholy combination of tools, but I figured one problem at a time )

Thanks for any advice!
Collapse

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:27
French to English
+ ...
DNS + Wordfast fine Jan 24, 2008

Hello,

I'm afraid I can't comment about Wordfinder, but you shouldn't have any problems with DNS. There are certain known issues, but fixes have been provided for these in Pandora's Box, i.e Capitalise first letter and FirstkeyDNS, which stops the cursor jumping back to the start of the document. Other than that, they work really well together.

Hope someone else can help with your Wordfinder query.

Best of luck,

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF + WordFinder compatibility?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »