After translating an XML doc in WF: Conversion of Wfm to TMX fails
Thread poster: Ursula Peter-Czichi

Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

I am in a real lurch after translating an XML document in Wordfast v.5.51r.
The translation went fine.

I opened the xml document (without first converting the document) as a tagged text/Unicode document,
then I saved it as a RTF document.

The translation using Wordfast worked without a hitch.
Wordfast handled the tagging just fine.
Everything worked well, or so it seemed....

Together with the translation (it looks just like the original), I also sent a TMX file.

It turns out that the conversion of the Wordfast TM to TMX had stopped at 73 %.
I have tried saving the TM in Unicode. That has not helped.

Can anyone help?
I am running out of ideas. The deadline has passed...

Thanks in advance,

Ursula


Direct link Reply with quote
 

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:57
Member (2006)
French to English
Download Olifant and use it to convert Feb 1, 2008

Hi Ursula,

I would recommend downloading Olifant and using it to convert your memory to tmx if you are having problems with WF's TM converter. You can find it here: http://www.translate.com/technology/tools/Olifant.html

Good luck!

John


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will definitely try Olifant the next time Feb 1, 2008

In the meantime, I have gone through 1,500 segments and picked out 5 segments, which contained programming information and links. That did the trick.

Those CAT tools are no help. They do however take my time and keep me working nights on trivial problems related to the set up of those CAT tools rather than the translation.

The next issue with incompatible CAT tools is right around the corner. I am sure of that!

Therefore, I will download the Olifant tool (beta) to hopefully prevent such problems in the future.

Thanks John for your help,

Ursula


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After translating an XML doc in WF: Conversion of Wfm to TMX fails

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums