Msg received: Word has insufficient memory
Thread poster: mizuan
mizuan
mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to Malay
+ ...
Feb 2, 2008

In the last two documents I translated using wordfast, I came upon this problem that says "word has insufficient memory" when I first wordfast. It has never happened before and I have used wordfast for about a year now. When I click yes, to continue, i am able to use wordfast to get my matches.

The problem is: I am unable to do cleanup because of this problem. When I click on the cleanup button, it just refuses to do anything. Has anyone come across this problem. Would appreciate so
... See more
In the last two documents I translated using wordfast, I came upon this problem that says "word has insufficient memory" when I first wordfast. It has never happened before and I have used wordfast for about a year now. When I click yes, to continue, i am able to use wordfast to get my matches.

The problem is: I am unable to do cleanup because of this problem. When I click on the cleanup button, it just refuses to do anything. Has anyone come across this problem. Would appreciate some input.

Thanks.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:24
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How to cleanup Feb 2, 2008

mizuan wrote:
The problem is: I am unable to do cleanup because of this problem.

Cleanup has two functions, namely (1) to update the TM and (2) to clean the document of hidden text. To do #1, simply take a copy of your final document and split it up into smaller chunks, then clean it individually. To do #2, use Find/Replace to remove the hidden text. You can choose to do F/R on a selection of text only, so you can select one half of the document first, then do the F/R, then save the document, then do the second half of the document.

Do do the F/R to remove hidden text, do this:

0. Select a portion of the document.
1. Press Ctrl+H
2. Click "More"
3. Put your cursor in the Find box
4. Press * (asterisk)
5. Click Format -- Font, and ensure that the tickbox at "Hidden" is black (not grey)
6. Enable wildcards
7. Action!

mizuan
mizuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 2, 2008

Thanks! Will try that out. Your advice and explanation is appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Msg received: Word has insufficient memory

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »