How to convert Trados tadg version with extension .doc.ttx to WordFast?
Thread poster: Linda Flebus

Linda Flebus
Belgium
Local time: 17:09
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 4, 2008

This is probably a basic question but I do not have a lot of experience with Trados as I only use WordFast. I have got a file however from a client with a .doc.ttx extension which I need to open. Could anyone help me on how I need to do this? By the way: is this .doc.ttx an uncleaned Trados doc?

Thanks a lot for your help! It is really appreciated.

Linda

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:09
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
It's a TagEditor file Feb 5, 2008

Linda Flebus wrote:
I have got a file however from a client with a .doc.ttx extension which I need to open.

This is a TagEditor file. It is an XML format with lots and lots of tags. I usually translate them in Wordfast but they are very complicated to tag correctly. Besides, before you can translate them in Wordfast you first need to source=source format them, and the only tool I know of that can do it, is Trados TagEditor itself (although a demo version would also work).

My suggestion is to tell the client you don't have Trados TagEditor and that they should send you an MS Word file instead. You will translate it as an uncleaned file.

...is this .doc.ttx an uncleaned Trados doc?

No.

Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:09
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
other options? Apr 19, 2008

One option is to use Okapi to convert the file to a tmx file.
http://okapi.sourceforge.net/

Another option is to use Swordfish to convert it to xliff.
http://www.maxprograms.com/products/swordfish.html

--

Hey, Sam,
Fancy meeting you here!

/tony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert Trados tadg version with extension .doc.ttx to WordFast?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums