https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/96269-runtime_error_424_at_new_version_of_wordfast_with_msword.html

Runtime Error 424 at new version of WordFast with MSWord
Thread poster: Cornetto
Cornetto
Cornetto
Local time: 01:56
Italian to German
+ ...
Feb 6, 2008

I have just bought the latest version of WordFast through the Proz Group Buying. I have installed it on my MSWord 97 (old, I know, but I prefer it to Word 2000).
Now, when I try to create a new glossary, instead of showing the language pairs (as it says in the training), I get the message "runtime error 424".
What does that mean or better: how can I repair it in order to create my own glossaries?
I have looked everywhere, but I can't find any help anywhere.
Thanks a lot!<
... See more
I have just bought the latest version of WordFast through the Proz Group Buying. I have installed it on my MSWord 97 (old, I know, but I prefer it to Word 2000).
Now, when I try to create a new glossary, instead of showing the language pairs (as it says in the training), I get the message "runtime error 424".
What does that mean or better: how can I repair it in order to create my own glossaries?
I have looked everywhere, but I can't find any help anywhere.
Thanks a lot!
Cornetto
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:56
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
A known bug Feb 7, 2008

Cornetto wrote:

An annoying bug that has been reported on the WF mailing list twice already. Try downloading the previous version of WF (it says "previous build" on the WF download page). The bug is not present if you simply create a plaintext file in Notepad, and then select that file as your glossary -- the bug only applies to creating a new glossary from within WF.

Fernando Trucco
Fernando Trucco  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Many thanks Samuel. I tried your plaintext recommendation and now WF is working perfectly. Feb 11, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

Cornetto wrote:

An annoying bug that has been reported on the WF mailing list twice already. Try downloading the previous version of WF (it says "previous build" on the WF download page). The bug is not present if you simply create a plaintext file in Notepad, and then select that file as your glossary -- the bug only applies to creating a new glossary from within WF.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime Error 424 at new version of WordFast with MSWord

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »