Kathrin Harrison
Kathrin Harrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 11, 2008

My laptop was stolen during a break-in on Friday and I am now frantically trying to re-install programms and documents on my new one as well as getting used to the Vista environment.
I tried to install Wordfast 5.0 in the new Word 2007, but I don't seem to be able to use it. I can see the WF icons (not in a toolbar as used to be the case, but in a drop-down menu). However, I cannot activate the buttons (Run-time error 6068). Is this normal? What to do?
I need to deliver a file which
... See more
My laptop was stolen during a break-in on Friday and I am now frantically trying to re-install programms and documents on my new one as well as getting used to the Vista environment.
I tried to install Wordfast 5.0 in the new Word 2007, but I don't seem to be able to use it. I can see the WF icons (not in a toolbar as used to be the case, but in a drop-down menu). However, I cannot activate the buttons (Run-time error 6068). Is this normal? What to do?
I need to deliver a file which I have already translated, but not cleaned, tomorrow morning, so any help would be appreciated.
MTIA, Kathrin
Collapse

Chiara Guglielmini
Chiara Guglielmini  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
English to Italian
+ ...
Look at this topic:-) Feb 11, 2008

Hello Kathrin,

I'm thinking to upgrade to word 2007 so I've been going through the forum lately...
You could look at this topic, maybe it is usufull to you:-)

http://www.proz.com/topic/65104

Chiara

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Problems? Some. Feb 11, 2008

Wordfast 5.52 (latest version) installs without major problems in the Startup folder of MS Word 2007.

You double click the Wordfast.dot document (saved somewhere on your hard drive)
When it opens, you press ctrl + alt + w and off it goes.

An add-in menu appears in the bloody ribbon* and the wordfast icon is there.

I had bigger problems with trying to install Plus Tools according to the instructions (via the add-in menu in Word).
I finally just p
... See more
Wordfast 5.52 (latest version) installs without major problems in the Startup folder of MS Word 2007.

You double click the Wordfast.dot document (saved somewhere on your hard drive)
When it opens, you press ctrl + alt + w and off it goes.

An add-in menu appears in the bloody ribbon* and the wordfast icon is there.

I had bigger problems with trying to install Plus Tools according to the instructions (via the add-in menu in Word).
I finally just put the ptools.dot file in the same folder as Wordfast (Word's Startup) and now both tools work fine.

Wordfast screws up some display settings and certain keyboard shortcuts, but you can set the display settings back to what they were and they stay there.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

Kathrin Harrison
Kathrin Harrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Feb 12, 2008

...for your replies, Chiara and Pawel.

I was in touch with Wordfast Support yesterday who were fantastic, and the solution was to download the latest version of WF which works beautifully with Word 2007.

Best regards,
Kathrin

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
3 years' worth of updates Feb 12, 2008

Purchasing Wordfast entitles you to three years' worth of free updates of the program, if I remember correctly.
With minor exceptions, you should always be using the latest version of a program.

P.A.S.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5.0 compatible with Word 2007?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »