Wordfast - strikethrough
Thread poster: Peter Cox
Peter Cox
Peter Cox  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:28
Italian to English
Feb 14, 2008

I have used Wordfast for some years and have come across this problem for the first time. When opening a file with Wordfast all the segment separators have a strikethrough as do words selected from the glossary. I cannot see anything in the source file to cause this.
Can someone help please?

Many thanks

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Track changes Feb 14, 2008

Check the settings for track changes.

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
What else? Feb 14, 2008

Track changes might have something to do with it, but there must be something else too. I'm afraid you said too little for us to be able to see the problem.

Is it a file from a client? What is the format? Are there particular styles? Is it the first time you open the file? Could you open it correctly before? What Word version do you use?

Just a few questions that come to mind.

Dan

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
And when you clean it up? Feb 14, 2008

Peter Cox wrote:
When opening a file with Wordfast all the segment separators have a strikethrough as do words selected from the glossary.

Does it clean up properly, though? And does it retain the strikethrough text after you've cleaned up?

Peter Cox
Peter Cox  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Strikethrough between words usung shift bar Feb 15, 2008

Thanks for your responses. Fortunately the problem has now gone away later in the text. This is a client file, track change off, no other obvious formatting.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I've had a similar thing just yesterday Feb 15, 2008

Peter Cox wrote:
Fortunately the problem has now gone away later in the text. This is a client file, track change off, no other obvious formatting.

Yesterday, WF changed the numbers of an numbered list into red struck-through font in a document that had no track changes in it. At first I was a little concerned, but after cleanup, the font returned to normal. I put it down to something weird in the document formattting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - strikethrough

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »