Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:05
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 15, 2008

I would like to perform a batch replacement using +Tools' +Tweaks option.
The texts contain quite a few accents, and +Tweaks does not treat them correctly. When I set up a new tweak, and add the appropriate terms in the fields "Action 1" and "Action 2", the accents are lost.
The terms are copied from MS Word or Excel, where they appear correctly. Is there a way to change +Tweaks' character coding to Unicode?
Or is there a way to see where the new tweak is located (probably i
... See more
I would like to perform a batch replacement using +Tools' +Tweaks option.
The texts contain quite a few accents, and +Tweaks does not treat them correctly. When I set up a new tweak, and add the appropriate terms in the fields "Action 1" and "Action 2", the accents are lost.
The terms are copied from MS Word or Excel, where they appear correctly. Is there a way to change +Tweaks' character coding to Unicode?
Or is there a way to see where the new tweak is located (probably in the same folder as the standard tweaks, !01 HTML tagger etc., and edit it directly there?
Any other ideas are welcome.
WF 5.52 with Word 2002 (on XP).
Attila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PlusTools/+Tweaks: problems with accents

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »