Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:48
French to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I've just started proofreading documents on a regular basis for a client, who is sending me wordfast tagged documents.

My question is whether it is possible to "Track Changes" and use the "Add Comment" functionality while editing the segments. I believe I tried this once before, and ended up messing things up.

I've checked the manual, but no luck -- how do you proofread using Wordfast and Word?

Thanks,

gregory

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
"Track Changes" and use the "Add Comment" Mar 13, 2008

hello, gregory, just a reply on the fly) . take a look into the plustools manual. plustools, as i remember, has 2-3 possibilities of the kind you mention. i guess your client should prepare the files in the manner for tracking in the plustools, or, better, you can do it just before the translation.

d

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
There are possibilities Mar 13, 2008

Hi Gregory,

Dragomir is right, you could check out the options on the +Tools/Track tab.

Of course, the other solution would be to proofread the whole document without opening segments in Wordfast. In that case you can use any Word tool you like. But you should clean up all comments and changes before you clean up the corrected translations to get your TM straight.

The client could do the same and could send you the last uncleaned version (the validated uncl
... See more
Hi Gregory,

Dragomir is right, you could check out the options on the +Tools/Track tab.

Of course, the other solution would be to proofread the whole document without opening segments in Wordfast. In that case you can use any Word tool you like. But you should clean up all comments and changes before you clean up the corrected translations to get your TM straight.

The client could do the same and could send you the last uncleaned version (the validated unclean version) to straighten out your TM.

Regards,
Gerard

[Edited at 2008-03-13 23:15]
Collapse

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
two-col version Jun 29, 2008

I am interested in this matter too - is there anyway of producing a two-column segmented bilingual version of the document that I could pass to someone else to proofread and so, when they make the changes, I can see them and then decide whether or not to accept them before cleaning up the final document?

There is something in PlusToz which kind of does that but it is rather cumbersome and overwrites versions, which makes me nervous.

I would like to be able to produce a
... See more
I am interested in this matter too - is there anyway of producing a two-column segmented bilingual version of the document that I could pass to someone else to proofread and so, when they make the changes, I can see them and then decide whether or not to accept them before cleaning up the final document?

There is something in PlusToz which kind of does that but it is rather cumbersome and overwrites versions, which makes me nervous.

I would like to be able to produce a two-col version of my document so that someone (without Wordfast) can revise it, make changes, return it to me and then I can review what they have done and then produce the final document from that....

Any bright ideas, please?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading in Wordfast

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »