For term searches and specialty glossaries, please try the new GBK glossaries
|English to Farsi (Persian) translations [PRO]|
Medical - Medical (general)
Additional field(s): Medical: Health Care
|English term or phrase: restless legs syndrome|
|Definition from WebMD, Inc.:|
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a disorder of the part of the nervous system that affects movements of the legs. Because it usually interferes with sleep, it also is considered a sleep disorder.
* People with RLS have strange sensations in their legs (and sometimes arms) and an irresistible urge to move their legs to relieve the sensations.
* The sensations are difficult to describe: they are not painful, but an uncomfortable, "itchy," "pins and needles," or "creepy crawly" feeling deep in the legs.
* The sensations are usually worse at rest, especially when lying in bed.
* The sensations lead to walking discomfort, sleep deprivation, and stress.
- Symptomatic restless legs syndrome may occur secondary to iron deficiency, anemia, folate deficiency, uremia, thyroid problems, diabetes, or peripheral neuropathy. WE MOVE
- Restless legs syndrome may be triggered by peripheral neuropathy or radiculopathy, but a distinction should be made between these disorders. In pure peripheral neuropathy and radiculopathy, patients do not have the compelling need to move to relieve leg discomfort and the symptoms are not consistently worse at rest or at night. EMIS & PiP
- Restless legs syndrome can begin at any age and generally worsens as you get older. Women are more likely than men to develop this condition. Restless legs syndrome can disrupt sleep — leading to daytime drowsiness — and make travelling difficult. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education
This question was created by:
This question is closed
|سندرم یا نشانگان پای بی قرار|
سندرم پای بیقرار چیست؟
سندرم پای بیقرار یک اختلال حرکتی می باشدکه بصورت یک اضطرار برای حرکت دادن پاها در زمان خواب خود را نشان ميدهد.علائم RLS از فردی به فرد دیگر متفاوت است و توصیف ان نیز مشکل می باشد. بسياري از مردم احساسي مثل مورمور شدن یا حرکت حشرات روی پوست ، در پاهایشان دارند.این احساس کاملا" با درد ناشی از گرفتگی عضلانی متفاوت است ، اغلب در ساق پا بوجود می آید، در حالت نشسته یا دراز کش بدتر می شود و با دراز کردن یا حرکت دادن پاها بطور موقت بهبود می یابد.
Selected response from:
|4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer |
7 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): +2 | |
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations