French translation: ceci peut être fait dans le sens inverse
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
12:59 Jun 26, 2007
English to French translations [PRO] Cosmetics, Beauty
English term or phrase:this can be done in reverse
With this temporary straightening technique, the hair is made silky straight by heating an iron-toothed comb to a suitable temperature and then combing through clean, dry, African Caribbean hair.
Note: This is not recommended on Caucasian hair.
This method of drying and styling the hair has been used in the home for many years. Originally, women would heat a metal comb with a wooden handle over a cooker. After testing the temperature of the comb against sheets of newspaper, they would comb it through natural hair to smooth it.
Many salons are now equipped to deal with this method of styling. The hair is prepared in advance by shampooing and conditioning then groomed with oils to protect against the high temperature required to style African Caribbean hair.
1. Gown and protect client.
2. Cleanse and condition hair.
3. Completely dry hair with hairdryer.
4. Protect hair by using suitable oil-based products.
5. Divide hair into small sections, no more than 1.5cm thick.
6. Comb sections with a regular comb to detangle and prevent excessive pressure being used when going through the section with the hot pressing comb.
7. Using the teeth of the heated pressing comb, begin the straightening process. With a wrist action, roll the comb so that the spine adds pressure to aid straightening. This can be done in reverse to lightly soften the hair so that the teeth penetrate more easily. 8. Repeat the combing action to achieve a soft press which leaves the hair with body and less straight or hard press for very straight, silky look.
9. Work through the hair from the nape to the crown and on to the front.
10. Style the hair as required.
dans l'autre sens ? dans le sens inverse ? je vois pas trop à quoi correspond le mouvement ? est-ce enrouler les cheveux vers l'extérieur ? ou dérouler les cheveux que l'on avait enroulés autour du peigne ??? merci !