Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
12:41 Mar 14, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer
English to French translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general)
English term or phrase:cap
Montage de panneaux sur des cloisons creuses:
1. Use template to establish location of each stand-off
2. Drill a 1/2“ hole through the wall that the stand-offs are being mounted to
3. Hold the wing of the plastic toggle flat against the plastic straps, slide through the drilled hole and pull plastic ring until the wing is firmly against the wall. Slide the plastic ****cap**** along the straps until the wall is clamped between the wing and ****cap****, snap off straps
4. Insert a 11/2" hex cap screw through the stand-off receiver and into the anchor and tighten
5. Mount Edge Grip Disc Cap over Stand Off Receiver and lightly tighten adjusting cap screw. Position 23.5" panel between both stand-off receivers. Position and tighten
cap screw to trap panel between Receiver and Edge Grip Cap
Il y a plusieurs "caps" dans l'instruction. Celui-ci est illustré: il s'agit d'un triangle en plastique percé au milieu (trou pour la vis) et qui se déplace sur les languettes (straps) jusqu'à venir en contact avec la cloison sur la face visible (opposée au "toggle")
Hex Cap Screw – Cap screw with a hexagonal head, designed to be driven by a wrench (spanner). An ASME B18.2.1 compliant cap screw has somewhat tighter tolerances than a hex bolt for the head height and the shaft length.
Cap Screw (Hex Bolt) – In places the term is used interchangeably with bolt. In the past the term, “cap screw” was restricted to threaded fasteners with a shaft that is threaded all the way to the head, however this is now a non-standard usage.