French translation: Tournée des Investisseurs Canadiens
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
17:56 Dec 4, 2004
English to French translations [PRO] Bus/Financial - Investment / Securities
English term or phrase:Canadian Investors Road Show
Talvest Report 2000 on Canadian Investors Road Show
• The big challenge for advisors today is managing investor expectations.
• First, financial advisors must ensure that they have established a workable, two-way dialogue with their clients before they can manage expectations. Communi-cation is the key to a healthy advisor-investor relationship.
• The report shows that investors are willing to seek advice and that willingness should include discussing their expectations to avoid any surprises - especially re-garding short-term returns during downturns.
• Bach day, investors see reports and ads about funds with big returns but they don't see that those opportunities may not match their risk profile.
• So, investors and advisors should discuss and agree on portfolio performance ex-pectations based on the basic investment principles of long-term commitment, with portfolio diversification based on individual risk tolerance.
• With the recent volatility of tech investments, investors may be more receptive to going back to the basic investment principles than they were six months ago.
Why Talvest commissioned the report
• Talvest commissioned tbis report as a service to Canada's financial advisors to expand their current understanding of the Canadian investor.
• Our clients are Canada's financial advisors - brokers, mutual fund dealers, finan-cial planners and lire insurance agents. Their clients - investors - are the end users of our products.
• So, we commissioned this report on the understanding that if we can help our cus-tomers better understand their customers' attitudes, beliefs and expectations; they would be better able to meet their customers' needs. Then we'd all win - inves1ors, financial advisors and Talvest.