Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
13:05 Mar 6, 2002
English to French translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - IT (Information Technology) / IT
couldn't it be a prging "loop"? would make more sense. I found loom as a the name of a small prg language like "lisp"
13:44 Mar 6, 2002
Automatic update in 00:
20 hrs confidence:
programme (informatique) en boucle
Explanation: Je pense en effet que le mot loom doit être loop: une des significations du mot loop est: programme informatique en boucle (5):
The noun loop has 8 senses (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (1) cringle, eyelet, loop, grommet, grummet -- (fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines)
2. loop -- (anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a line or cord etc.) that is closed or nearly closed)
3. loop -- (an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan); ``he's no longer in the loop'' )
4. loop -- (the basic pattern of the human fingerprint)
5. loop -- (a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied)
6. loop -- (an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop)
7. closed circuit, loop -- (a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates)
8. loop -- (a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane)
Jan Duinstra France Local time: 08:59 Native speaker of: Dutch