Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to French translations [Non-PRO] Linguistics
English term or phrase:spokesmodel
J'avais pensé à "égérie", mais vu le contexte, il s'agit plutôt des "potiches" ou des "hôtesses" qui présentent des articles dans des émissions de TV ou autre... mais j'ai du mal à trouver une traduction qui convienne ici :
- When I got out of class, I decided to call you.
- What class are you taking?
- I'm studying to be a spokesmodel.
- What is a spokesmodel?
- It's just a model who speaks, you know, and she points at things, like merchandise, you know, like a car or washer and dryer. Sometimes it's something really small like a book or fine art print.
- They have classes for that?
- Because it's harder than it looks.