Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to French translations [Non-PRO]|
|English term or phrase: R to L|
|Medical department's contribution to R to L process is very straight forward.|
29 mins confidence:
Reinforcement to Learners / Consolidation
Should be that...
"Ways that I can use Positive Reinforcement:
1. Call Ls by name
2. T: "That answer was good. Repeat it so the whole class can hear it."
3. Give specific recognition for work well done
a. cite what was good about it, not just a general comment.
b. Give Rs to individual Ls, rather that only to whole class
c. Give Rs only when truly warranted, otherwise becomes empty and superfluous
4. Use extrinsic rewards to reinforce behavior when intrinsic +R is nor feasible; but strive to move toward intrinsic +R as soon as possible.
5. Create situations in which L can succeed, deserve, and receive +Rs.
6. Take opportunity to give +R twice for good work or behavior -- complement today, reference is again tomorrow in right context.
7. Give simple verbal comments, or written comments on papers or homework.
8. Give L a pat on back, touch, wink, etc. (caution with - adolescents).
9. Give +R to L when he is main effort to learn, even if response is nor correct (will encourage him to keep trying).
10. With a L who is not succeeding at a learning task, give him prompts and assistance until he gets it right, the give +R.
11. Give sincere praise that is deserved; research indicates that many Ts tend to give stereotyped praise statements, devoid of meaning or depth, to whole class in a monotonous and repetitive way.
12. Vary praise (verbal and non-verbal): don't use the same phrase over and over again."
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations