Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to French translations [Non-PRO] Tech/Engineering / Immigration
English term or phrase:OPTICAL WATERMARK INTERLOCKING
Security Features of the Permanent Resident Card
(form GC 2000-also referred to as the Maple Leaf Card)
The permanent resident card, also referred to as the "Maple leaf card" replaces the Record of Landing (form IMM 1000). It is a credit card-sized document that is more secure than the IMM 1000 and is issued to new and existing permanent residents with the intention of reducing fraud and illegal activity. It is issued for a period of five years unless enforcement action is pending against the permanent resident-in which case it is issued for one year or until a final decision is made regarding their status. Security features include:
· machine readable;
· tamper resistant material where layers cannot be separated without affecting the integrity of the card;
· optical variable ink where the colour changes depending upon viewing angle making copier reproduction impossible;
· laser engraved photograph and personal information;
· tactile lettering;
· digitized signature;
· microprinting detectable only under magnification;
· metallic Kinegram in shape of maple leaf;
· ultraviolet reaction-lines and patterns;
· OPTICAL WATERMARK INTERLOCKING with embedded hologram images and micro optical images.