French translation: protection des flancs de carénage
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to French translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Transport / Transportation / Shipping / restoration of railway
English term or phrase:Flank protection
Can ayone translate flank protection in French? Thank you!
The system fundamentallly performs the following:
• Checks for route availability of the intended authorisation to follow (free from other train movements as well as with no conflicting route calls in place) up to the intended end of the movement authority and overlap requirement.
• Selects the required lie of the turnouts in the route, overlap and flank, initiates changing of the turnout/s if not correct and confirms the lie and mechanical locking of all the turnouts in the route, overlap and that can provide flank.
• Ensures that the elements that can provide flank protection to the authorised movement and overlap are providing such protection (e.g. signal S4 in the layout above provides flank protection to an authorisation from signal S5 to the next station)
• Reserves this route and overlap if available and fully protected.
• Proceeds to change the aspect of the authorising signal to convey the authority to the train driver to proceed in accordance of the aspect of the signal.