KudoZ home » English to German » Engineering: Industrial



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
20:22 Mar 16, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Other

English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Engineering: Industrial
English term or phrase: screw
Kontext (Werkstoffprüfung, konkret Spannbacken):

Rubber coated grip faces are used for soft materials such as film, fiber, and foil (MTS part number 056-180-503).

Es folgt dann ein isolierter Begriff:


Das TM gibt "Kugelumlaufspindel" her, was ja eigentlich eine "ball screw" wäre. Könnte das vom Kontext her passen?

Danke :)

Summary of answers provided
John Jory
3KugelrollspindelLyudmila Gorbunova (married Zanella)

Discussion entries: 7



1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

ball screw - Kugelrollspindel

Lyudmila Gorbunova (married Zanella)
Local time: 07:08
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in RussianRussian
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

22 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

Falls es um das Teil geht, mit dem die Spannbacken zusammengepresst werden

Zum Beispiel: www.werkzeugmaschinen-zubehoer.de/mwgpt/schraubstock/praezi...

John Jory
Local time: 07:08
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 56
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Mar 16, 2008:
Kudoz queueIn queue » Public

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search