Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to German translations [PRO] Bus/Financial - Law: Contract(s) / Vertrag
English term or phrase:commercial background
Es geht um eine mögliche Zusammenarbeit zweiter Parteien und dabei auszutauschende Informationen, die u.a. Folgendes einschließen: "without limitation, information relating to the *commercial background*, design and manufacturing processes and production capacities for the product".
Ich komme nicht darauf, wie ich den "commercial background" in diesem Kontext am besten übersetzen kann.
Explanation: Über ein Arzneimittelprodukt heißt es z. B.:
• 40 million people in EU and USA with >$20 billion in annual sales.
• 175 million individuals in EU and USA generating sales of >$23 billion per year.
Unmet need remains high because current treatments address only the symptoms (poorly in many cases) but not disease progression.
Multiple sclerosis key facts:
• 700,000 sufferers in EU and USA
• High economic burden - US cost estimated at $2-3 billion per year
• No satisfactory treatments available: limited efficacy with serious side effects
Factor VIII intolerance key facts:
• 24,000 Haemophilia A sufferers in EU and USA – potential for Orphan Drug designation
• Serious bleeding disorder affecting primarily males managed with infusions of Factor VIII
• 20 to 30% of patients develop inhibitors of Factor VIII: decreases efficacy of treatment resulting in joint damage, brain damage and death
• Factor VIII sales exceeded $600 million in 2005 http://www.apitope.com/discovery.html
Gert Sass (M.A.) Germany Local time: 10:55 Specializes in field Native speaker of: German PRO pts in category: 47