Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to German translations [PRO]|
|English term or phrase: Cervical HVT|
|SCREENING BEFORE CERVICAL HVT|
The following features discriminate against manipulation:
1) A positive answer to the direct question, "have you ever felt dizzy on turning your head?
2) Previous transient ischemic attacks (TIA's) or completed cerbro-vascular accidents (CVA'S). Especially transient ischaemic episodes of the posterior (vedebro-basilar) circulation - episodes of dizziness, vertigo, nausea, ataxia, visual disturbances, occipital headache, drop attacks, dysmnesia, dysarthria and dysphagia.
3) Previous Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD), Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD). Angina, Miocardial Inrarction (MI), claudication etc. all evidence of significant atheroma. Diabetic status also included.
4) Vascular hypertension. Implies accelerated atheroma and an increased risk of stroke (CVA).
5) Recent history of direct or indirect injury to head and/or neck. The commonly seen whiplash injuries of the neck may, of themselves, lead to delayed vertebral arterial damage, even without manipulation.
Selected response from:
Johanna Timm, PhD
Local time: 13:09
|Vielen Dank, Johanna.|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
1 hr confidence: peer agreement (net): +1
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations