global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
KudoZ home » English to German » Tech/Engineering

Self ballast lamp


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
04:09 Sep 14, 2000
English to German translations [PRO]
English term or phrase: Self ballast lamp
lighting technology
ballast = Vorschaltgerät, but what is a "self ballast lamp"?
Anselm Buehling
Local time: 05:43

Summary of answers provided
naMischlichtlampeGeri Linda Metterle
naLampe mit eingebautem Vorschaltgerät
Michael Scheidler



1 hr
Lampe mit eingebautem Vorschaltgerät

That's what my Siemens dictionary says.
also called self-ballasted lamp

    Siemens Dictionary of Power Engineering and Automation
Michael Scheidler
Local time: 05:43
Native speaker of: German
PRO pts in pair: 228
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

16 days

self-ballasted mercury lamp (US) / Mischlichtlampe, Verbundlampe

Geri Linda Metterle
Local time: 05:43
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
PRO pts in pair: 8
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also: