Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
10:27 Apr 5, 2004
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer
English to Italian translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Law (general) / standards
English term or phrase:key-number, lock-number and type-designation
Comparing documents N40-N43 led to the conclusion that we would need
- one definition of “cycle-lock” which covers all existing types of cyclelocks
- a definition of “Cycle”
- a definition of “Permanently mounted locks” (to be based on
definition in N41 but specifying that such a lock shall form “one unit”
+ key and possibly also a text regarding accessories such as extra
chain or wire that can be used with the same locking device)
- a definition of “Removable locks” (to be based on definition in N41)
- definitions of various types of locks (based on text under 1.2.3 in N41
and 3.2 and 3.3 in N40 and adding “transmission-locks” and various
- the technical definitions from N41 (1.2.2) and the definitions of N41
(1.2.4) of key-number, lock-number and type-designation.
All definitions added shall be checked against EN 12320 and if possible the
definitions in this standard shall be used.