Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
19:46 Mar 30, 2007
English to Portuguese translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / sistemas instrumentados de segurança
Explanation: Trata-se de uma camada de proteção física de dique. No site abaixo há uma explicação sobre essas camadas, em particular este trecho:
A more quantitative method to assess the safety of processes is the LOPA. This method is based on the identification of potential accident scenarios. A particular scenario will only take place if certain undesired initiating events (e.g. overpressure, operator failure) occur and if layers of protection (independent protection layers (IPL)) fail or are absent. In LOPA, the following types of IPLs are defined:
* process design;
* basic process control system (BPCS);
* critical alarms and human interventions;
* safety instrumented functions (SIF);
* safety instrumented systems (SIS) or emergency shutdown (ESD);
* physical protection (relief devices);
* post-release physical protection (walls, dikes);
* plant emergency response; and
* community emergency response.