Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to Spanish translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general) / Safety equipment for plants/sites/facilities
English term or phrase:ground level
"1.4 The [...] installations to protect under this project consist of three areas. These areas are:
• The primary crusher dump pocket area, including crusher building.
• The crusher building ground level, including tail end of conveyor 1100-CV-001 (dry sprinkling system)
• The areas along conveyor 1100-CV-001 including transfer to
Type of document: Technical specifications of the terms of reference of a bid to purchase fire protection equipment. The bid caller is a major Peruvian mining company. The equipment is to be installed in the leaching facilities.
Country: Source: US; Target: Peru.
Possible translations: primer piso: "el primer piso del edificio de la trituradora / edificio del triturador / edificio triturador"
1. In the "Field (specific)" field I couldnt make my mind between "Engineering: Civil = Construction" and "Engineering: Industrial" so I chose "Engineering (general)"
2. The fact that I'm including the translations I'm considering is to follow the suggestions given to askers, so I don't expect such answers as "tienes razón" or "you're right" or "yep" but rather the translation, even if I have already considered it.
Glossaries/Kudoz: "nivel del suelo" [Telecom], "nivel del piso" [Electronics / Elect. Eng.], but I still wonder if "primer piso" is OK here.
Gracias. Me quedo con "planta baja" para este caso y lo de "primer piso", que aunque no es incorrecto, lo dejo para otros usos, p.ej. para los corredores inmobiliarios; está ahí como segunda opción. 4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer