Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to Spanish translations [PRO] Science - Medical: Dentistry / Salud bucal
English term or phrase:pH neutral
Prevention is essential, to stop the erosion becoming worse. There are several things you can do:
• Diet: cut down on acidic foods and drinks, especially fruit-based soft and fizzy drinks. Restrict
them to mealtimes when saliva levels are high and help neutralise the acids
• Use a daily fluoride mouth rinse (make sure it is pH neutral - see manufacturers label)
• Good oral hygiene. However, DO NOT clean your teeth immediately after a fruit juice or other
acidic drink - the teeth are softer following the contact with the acid, and brushing them will
literally scrub away the surface
• Drink acid drinks through a straw. This has been found to help some people, because the drink
then bypasses the front teeth
• Chew sugarfree gum after soft or fizzy drinks
• Children - limit soft and fizzy drinks to mealtimes and encourage them to drink water or milk