Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to Spanish translations [Non-PRO]|
|English term or phrase: to screen (computación)|
|to screen an e-mail|
Recuerdo haber visto en uno de los parámetros de un buscador: "filtración de contenidos" para "content screening".
Selected response from:
Local time: 00:02
|4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer |
Chequear, examinar, estudiar
Del ENCARTA WORLD ENGLISH DICTIONARY:
verb (3rd person present singular screens, present participle screening, past screened, past participle screened)
1. transitive verb conceal or shelter somebody or something: to provide shelter, protection, or concealment from somebody or something
2. transitive verb partition something off: to partition, separate, or divide something off from something else They had screened the area into cubicles.
3. transitive verb fit something with screen: to provide something with a screen
4. transitive verb protect somebody: to protect somebody from something unpleasant or dangerous
5. transitive and intransitive verb CINEMA show in cinema: to project a film onto a screen in a cinema
6. transitive and intransitive verb TV show on television: to broadcast a film, programme, or other item on television
7. transitive and intransitive verb test for disease: to test somebody or something for a particular illness or disease
8. transitive and intransitive verb select by weeding out: to select somebody as being suitable for something, for example a post, membership of an organization, or tenancy of property
9. transitive verb sieve something: to filter something through a sieve
10. transitive verb PRINTING photograph something for half-tone reproduction: to photograph something through a glass plate to make a half-tone reproduction
[14th century. From Old Northern French escren .]
Encarta World English Dictionary.
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations