Como mencioné anteriormente, el significado EN ESTE CASO es enviar, presentar UNA SOLICITUD= request.
Confirmando:verb (past filed, past participle filed, present participle fil·ing, 3rd person present singular files)
1. transitive verb store something in order: to arrange and store something in a file for future reference
2. transitive verb LAW submit something: to submit something such as a claim or complaint to the appropriate authority so that it can be put on record
3. intransitive verb LAW bring a lawsuit: to make a formal application for something such as a divorce
4. transitive verb PRESS send in a news report: to send in a report or story to a newspaper or news agency
5. intransitive verb move in line: to move in line one behind the other
[15th century. Via French filer "to thread on a string"