KudoZ home » German to English » Energy / Power Generation

hydraulische Weiche


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
German term or phrase:hydraulische Weiche
English translation:hydraulic separator; low loss header
Entered by: Nat Shockley
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

05:43 Feb 14, 2007
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

German to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Energy / Power Generation / Home Heating
German term or phrase: hydraulische Weiche
From http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulische_Weiche :

Eine hydraulische Weiche wird in Heizungsanlagen eingesetzt, um den Heizkreis und den Verbraucherkreis hydraulisch voneinander zu entkoppeln.
Die hydraulische Weiche ist nichts anderes als eine senkrecht angeordnete Rohrleitung mit großem Innendurchmesser und somit kleinem Druckverlust, die Vorlauf und Rücklauf der Heizungsanlage verbindet.

All fairly clear. Unfortunately I can't find any corresponding standard term in English. Does anyone know what this is called - or if it even exists as a standard feature of heating systems in English-speaking countries??
Nat Shockley
Local time: 00:17

Summary of answers provided
3bypassHarry Borsje
3hydraulic switch

Discussion entries: 1



1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
hydraulic switch


Local time: 10:17
Native speaker of: Native in AlbanianAlbanian
Notes to answerer
Asker: Those entries in the LEO archive were unfortunately based on a poor translation from German (which you find if you follow the link in the oldest entry).

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

3 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

This particular 'device' seems to me just a bypass (line) and it's use should be quite universal to central heating systems.

    Reference: http://www.gasheating.co.uk/pipesizing.html
Harry Borsje
Local time: 16:17
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in DutchDutch
PRO pts in category: 32
Notes to answerer
Asker: "bypass" seems to be much too general, whereas a "hydraulische Weiche" is a specific kind of bypass device.

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search