global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
KudoZ home » German to English » Tech/Engineering

Rail: Gleitplatten (bogie); geteilt/durchgängig (drawgear); brake parts


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
00:39 Sep 2, 2000
German to English translations [PRO]
German term or phrase: Rail: Gleitplatten (bogie); geteilt/durchgängig (drawgear); brake parts
Items in a list. I've uploaded a picture of what I could find online (
[1] On a bogie: Gleitplatten. [2] Drawgear: [a] durchgehende Zugeinrichtung and geteilte Zugeinrichtung (one-piece and two-piece drawgear?); [b] Schalenmuffen (der durchgehenden Zugeinrichtung); [c] Zughakenführung (drawhook guide?); [d] Zugpatronen (?). [3] Brake parts: Fangschlingen, Lastwechselkasten.
Robin Stocks
Local time: 03:04

Summary of answers provided
nasome helpsNancy Schmeing



5 hrs
some helps

Here are some glossaries on brakes

http:/ / newglos.html
http:/ /
http:/ /

Best wishes, Nancy

Nancy Schmeing
Local time: 21:04
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 328
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also: